Welcome to Gospel Read Thru In October! We are reading through all four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from October 1st to the 31st. If you are not familiar with the details of this Gospel Read Thru, but would like to join us, please go to Gospel Read Thru Details and print out the Schedule. Once you have completed the reading for October 7, you may like to return here to answer the following questions. Please keep in mind, these questions are totally optional.
1. What is the kingdom of heaven compared to?
2. In the parable of the wedding feast, who do you think the following represent:
Those who had been invited:
His other slaves:
Those on the main highways, both evil and good:
Man not dressed in wedding clothes:
His servants who bind him hand and foot:
3. What do the Pharisees’ disciples question Jesus about in Matthew 22:15-16?
4. What was the problem with the story the Sadducees brought to Jesus?
5. Who questions Jesus after He silenced the Sadducees and what do we learn from Jesus because of this man’s question?
6. What question did Jesus ask that finally ends all of the religious leaders’ questions (Matthew 22:46)?
7. What does Jesus do in Matthew 23:1-36?
8. How does Jesus feel about Jerusalem and the Jewish people according to Matthew 23:37-39?
Just one more question… 🙂
9. After reading Matthew 24, do you feel ready for His coming?
*Remember to always stay within the context of what is being said and support your answer with Scripture.
These are just very simple questions, but you can take it a step further and ask yourself what is happening in each chapter. As there is a change of subject, mark it in the margin of your Bible.
Ask yourself: Who is Matthew speaking to or about? Who is Jesus speaking to? What is going on? When is it taking place? Where are they located? Why is Jesus saying what He is saying or Why are the Pharisees saying what they are saying? How are the people responding to Jesus? Are there any prophesies about Jesus? Are they being fulfilled?
Now that you have finished your reading of Matthew 22-24 and answered the questions above, please stop by the Gospel Read Thru In October Facebook page and leave a comment about something that stood out to you while you read Matthew 22-24. You may even like to leave a comment about one of the questions above or read what others have commented on and encourage another group member in their daily reading.
Great job with your reading today! I am glad we can read the four Gospels together. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below or on our Facebook page.
If this post has been helpful to you, please don’t forget to “Like” it down below.
Thank you so much 🙂
Here are Matthew 1-5 questions, October 1
Here are Matthew 6-9 questions, October 2
Here are Matthew 10-12 questions, October 3
Here are Matthew 13-15 questions, October 4
Here are Matthew 16-18 questions, October 5
Here are Matthew 19-21 questions, October 6
Here is the Gospel Read Thru Schedule.